Job Description and Expectations –Service Writer for Agriculture and Lawn & Garden Equipment
- Two or more years’ experience in repair troubleshooting with a track record of success. Preferably in one of the following industries: agricultural equipment, motor vehicle industry, outdoor power equipment, recreational vehicles, construction equipment and machinery, small engine repair.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and longer as required to meet customer demands.
- Must have excellent organizational, multi-tasking and reasonable computer skills.
- Must have a customer service heart and be able to handle all types of customer service inquiries.
- Demonstrate an ability and affinity to work on a successful team.
- Have excellent communication and people management skills.
- Assist the Service Manager as directed with the goal of exceeding customer expectations, maintaining a positive work environment and maximizing recovery rates.
- Ensure that all written work orders for technicians are clear and complete.
- Ensure that technicians have accurately recorded all time and materials for each job and that invoices can be prepared in a timely manner.
- Interact with customers to ensure a positive experience with the service department and the dealership.
- Oversee the appearance and organization of the service office and shop area to communicate professionalism of the technicians and commitment to excellence by the dealership.
- Working with the Shop Foreman to schedule all work for the Technicians.
- Regularly review lawn and garden open work orders and address any problems being experienced by customers or technicians.
- Coach and encourage technicians to exceed customer expectations with every job.
- Assist the Shop Foreman in ensuring that each technician is maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Communicate to the Parts Department Manager critical parts that need to be inventoried.
- Help lead the department in creating a pleasant and positive work environment where every employee is able to contribute to the department and company’s success.
- Be quick to help others in the company when they need a hand or have a difficult problem to solve.